New Users From Other Fleets: Please Reply Here First

If you are coming here to extend your wishes and to initiate possible activities to occur between our fleets, then please post all relevant information and site links within this forum.

Re: New Users From Other Fleets: Please Reply Here First

Postby Jeff T » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:20 am

Mack wrote:
Jeff T wrote:
Mack wrote:This is Mack from UFPlanets and UFP Armada.

Just connecting with you guys on here to discuss some exciting Armada event opportunities!

Thank you Mack and welcome to Starbase Lotus Fleet! Explore around the site at your convenience.

Please feel free to add any information about upcoming STO Armada events here.

We have a relatively new Star Trek RP story that began last month. If you or other armada members are interested in participating/creating new Star Trek adventures, we can help you get started. The current story involves new 4th year cadets about to go out on their first exploratory mission with the fleet.

Best Wishes,

Jeff T
Lotus Fleet CO

I mainly represent the Star Trek Online Division (as I'm the Command Officer of SFO Fleets from STO Division) - which basically oversees our Fleet Staff, OPs and in-game Events. We host regular weekly events and wish to make it an armada affair.

However, our community does have forum RP and is called the "Ares Roleplay Division" - I could introduce you to them!

Question, is this RP forum RP as well, or do you RP in-game?

Currently, RP has been in written form only, but we've previously discussed experimenting with it in STO in-game as well. From what I recall, the closest I've come to that is when we held fleet meetings in TS3 while in STO and had our primary characters there in the Starbase meeting room as it occurred. Many of these characters are/were involved in RP as well.

Realistically, we do have significantly less members consistently involved in STO than 10 years ago, and we've had some members with issues getting into game. Regardless, if you are conducting such an event in the future, please announce it here and we'll add it into upcoming events. Are you currently using Discord for your meetings and events?

It would be great to connect with your "Ares Roleplay Division". There could be some possibilities of crossover events and such... Like Lotus Fleet ship(s) and characters working on a joint mission with Ares fleet and members. I'm sure there would be some logistic aspects to resolve, but the possibilities are intriguing.

Jeff T
Jeff T
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Medals: 30
Fleet Admiral's Star (1) Lotus Fleet Benefactor (1) Lotus Fleet Heart of Sacrifice (1) LF Ribbon of Excellence (1)
Commendation Award 3 (1) Lotus Fleet Star Cross (1) Command School Certified (1) Academy Graduate (1)
Lotus Fleet Instructor Badge (1) Newsletter (1) STO Lotus Fleet Thread Award (1) Outstanding Post (1)
Audio Quiz Gold (1) Trivia Champion 5 Wins (1) STO Open Beta (1) Lotus Fleet Tour Ribbon (10)
RP Veteran (1) Azimuth Horizon Crusade (1) The Forgotten (1) From the Ashes (1)
Brave New World (1)

Re: New Users From Other Fleets: Please Reply Here First

Postby Mack » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:03 am

Jeff T wrote:
Mack wrote:I mainly represent the Star Trek Online Division (as I'm the Command Officer of SFO Fleets from STO Division) - which basically oversees our Fleet Staff, OPs and in-game Events. We host regular weekly events and wish to make it an armada affair.

However, our community does have forum RP and is called the "Ares Roleplay Division" - I could introduce you to them!

Question, is this RP forum RP as well, or do you RP in-game?

Currently, RP has been in written form only, but we've previously discussed experimenting with it in STO in-game as well. From what I recall, the closest I've come to that is when we held fleet meetings in TS3 while in STO and had our primary characters there in the Starbase meeting room as it occurred. Many of these characters are/were involved in RP as well.

Realistically, we do have significantly less members consistently involved in STO than 10 years ago, and we've had some members with issues getting into game. Regardless, if you are conducting such an event in the future, please announce it here and we'll add it into upcoming events. Are you currently using Discord for your meetings and events?

It would be great to connect with your "Ares Roleplay Division". There could be some possibilities of crossover events and such... Like Lotus Fleet ship(s) and characters working on a joint mission with Ares fleet and members. I'm sure there would be some logistic aspects to resolve, but the possibilities are intriguing.

Jeff T

Hi Jeff,

I'll gladly sit down with you and discuss some possibilities. I'm currently getting in touch with the fellas who run Ares Division and see how they think.

UFPlanets.com mainly uses TS3 for voice; ts.ufplanets.com (Best we time when we meet so I can hand you permissions as soon as you and staff login)
And while not officially supported, we do have a discord server for text based interaction: https://discord.gg/E7T98U

However many of us in CL5 and CL6 do use it frequently, but for stuff such as meetings and voice, we heavily prefer TS3 due to the security aspects it has.
@captainwestbrook
Mack
Ambassador
Ambassador

Previous

Return to Diplomacy: Other Fleets Introduce Yourself