Front-End Website and Responsive Design

Make a suggestion specifically about the website functionality. Direct general suggestions about the Fleet to appropriate forum.

Front-End Website and Responsive Design

Postby BlueKnightOne » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:28 am

Lotus Fleet had a front end website that contained a lot of information about the fleet. It was a very helpful tool. I remember that reading the information on the site was one of the reasons I decided to join Lotus Fleet in the first place. Has building a new one been discussed since moving here?

Also, with the vast majority of the Internet being consumed on mobile devices like smartphone and tablets, has there been any though given to implement responsive, mobile-friendly design to the site? Or installing Tapatalk on the forums?
BlueKnightOne
Operations Commander
Operations Commander

Medals: 11
Academy Graduate (1) Media Contributions (1) Lotus Fleet Tour Ribbon (9)

Re: Front-End Website and Responsive Design

Postby Jeff T » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:18 pm

Hey BKO,

Some good ideas there.

Maybe this is something you like to assist us with. :-)
Jeff T
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Medals: 30
Fleet Admiral's Star (1) Lotus Fleet Benefactor (1) Lotus Fleet Heart of Sacrifice (1) LF Ribbon of Excellence (1)
Commendation Award 3 (1) Lotus Fleet Star Cross (1) Command School Certified (1) Academy Graduate (1)
Lotus Fleet Instructor Badge (1) Newsletter (1) STO Lotus Fleet Thread Award (1) Outstanding Post (1)
Audio Quiz Gold (1) Trivia Champion 5 Wins (1) STO Open Beta (1) Lotus Fleet Tour Ribbon (10)
RP Veteran (1) Azimuth Horizon Crusade (1) The Forgotten (1) From the Ashes (1)
Brave New World (1)

Re: Front-End Website and Responsive Design

Postby BlueKnightOne » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:33 pm

I'm a serious n00b in the web design world, and my time is limited. But I'm happy to try and willing to work with anyone who can help.

I would suggest that a discussion of design and content be held before any time and effort is thrown at it.

Also, would there be any objection to placing the site code on GitHib for development? I've become a big fan of the source code management and collaboration it offers.I have a couple of my own projects on there now.
BlueKnightOne
Operations Commander
Operations Commander

Medals: 11
Academy Graduate (1) Media Contributions (1) Lotus Fleet Tour Ribbon (9)

Return to Site Suggestions